Moscow Finn Association organised a Finn promotion regatta in the centre of Moscow city under support of popular magazine ‘Mens Health’.
Vasiliy Kravchenko writes about a Finn promotion event that was organised in Moscow on July 17 2010
"Moscow Finn Association organised a Finn promotion regatta in the centre of Moscow city under support of popular magazine ‘Mens Health’.
The event took place in the frame of exhibition ‘Monaco weekend’ where different modern sport cars, including ‘Formula 1’ , and small helicopters were represented. The racing area was located just in front of the Moscow Water Stadium, so everybody onshore had a chance to see every detail of the races.
Two professional commentators explained to spectators what was happening on the water and some histories about the sailors. In between the races our Finn veteran Valentin Danilov told a lot of interesting stories about the Finn class, the history of Finn class, the sport of sailing in Moscow and Russia and about the people of the class. During the day spectators could have a trial sail in the new Devoti boat.
The Open Russian Finn Association Championship, which will take place in September 6-10, was highly promoted among potential sponsors, and many useful contacts were acquired during the event. As result the event received very positive responses from spectators and we had good promotion of Finn class."
So everybody is welcome to the Open Russian: www.finnclass.ru
by K Umrikhin
LATEST NEWS & FEATURES
- Maier makes most of moving day at Finn Masters
- Four winners but Budzien takes narrow lead
- Image Gallery - Finn World Masters - with Go Pro
- Perfect score for Lidecis and Budzien after first races in La Rochelle
- Record Finn World Masters opened amid inclement weather
- Finn Masters looking forward to La Rochelle return
- Advertising feature: Race Area Analyzer
- Bid papers for 2015 Finn Gold Cup
- Andrew Mills snatches Hyeres victory
- Scott and Mills extend as fleet prepare for medal races
- Giles Scott strikes out on day four in Hyeres
- Postma prospers in breezy Hyeres
- Consistent Zbogar takes lead on day two in Hyeres
- Wins for Wright and Tweddell on tricky Hyeres opener
- Close win for Giles Scott in Palma
- Scott and Postma lead Finns into Palma medal races
- Giles Scott eases ahead in Palma
- Giles Scott heads Finn fleet at half way stage in Palma
- Wins for Lobert and Andrews on shifty day two in Palma
- Lobert leads Finns and after big day in Palma