The International Finn Association is pleased to announce the publication of the April 2011 issue of its official magazine FINNFARE.
In this issue there are a number of interesting features and articles as well as extensive results and reports from most of the major regattas.
Vasiliy Kravchenko on Finn Sailing – an extensive and fascinating interview with the secretary of the Russian Finn Association about how the class has taken off since the 2005 Finn Gold Cup in Moscow and the effort of the sailors to promote sailing, the Finn class and their events.
A look at the Finn under the water – Mikko Brummer of WB Sails from Helsinki, Finland talks about the pressures, drag balance and sheer stress on the Finn hull from a computer model used to simulate sail performance.
Book extract: The 'Pope' of Sailing by Paul Henderson – Some stories from the former ISAF President about his exploits together with Paul Elvstrom sailing Finns.
Technical update – Chairman of the Technical Committee, Richard Hart describes the recent changes to class rules.
ISAF Sailing World Cup – reports and results from Sail Melbourne, Rolex Miami OCR and the Trofeo SAR Princesa Sofia MAPFRE.
Jonathan Lobert – interview with the French sailor who won the Perth International Regatta in 2010 and is going head to head with training partner Thomas Le Breton to win the French berth at the Olympics in Weymouth
Finn sailing from across the world – reports from Australia,Croatia, Denmark, Germany,Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, South Africa, Switzerland, and USA.
South Africa – an encouraging update on the Finn building project and a remarkable resurgence of interest in the class there, which is good news not only for the South African sailors but also for sailors in other countries in Africa.
And as usual, all this is accompanied by a large number of stunning photographs
The April 2011 issue of FINNFARE was published on Monday 17 April.
It can be viewed online or downloaded here: http://issuu.com/finn-class/docs/finnfare_april_2011
FINNFARE is the official publication of the International Finn Association. It was first published in 1961. Since then it has been published at various times in the USA and in Europe and for the past 14 years has been published in the UK. It is distributed to all registered members of National Finn Associations across the world and to other interested parties.
LATEST NEWS & FEATURES
- Kiwis rule and then Maier takes fifth Finn World Masters
- No racing on penultimate Finn Masters day
- Maier makes most of moving day at Finn Masters
- Four winners but Budzien takes narrow lead
- Image Gallery - Finn World Masters - with Go Pro
- Perfect score for Lidecis and Budzien after first races in La Rochelle
- Record Finn World Masters opened amid inclement weather
- Finn Masters looking forward to La Rochelle return
- Advertising feature: Race Area Analyzer
- Bid papers for 2015 Finn Gold Cup
- Andrew Mills snatches Hyeres victory
- Scott and Mills extend as fleet prepare for medal races
- Giles Scott strikes out on day four in Hyeres
- Postma prospers in breezy Hyeres
- Consistent Zbogar takes lead on day two in Hyeres
- Wins for Wright and Tweddell on tricky Hyeres opener
- Close win for Giles Scott in Palma
- Scott and Postma lead Finns into Palma medal races
- Giles Scott eases ahead in Palma
- Giles Scott heads Finn fleet at half way stage in Palma