The following (mainly external) resources cover a wide variety of training and tuning information.This page is a work in progress. It contains links to resources invaluable to aspiring and current Finn sailors and is part of a larger project to create an interactive and growing online Finn Clinic based on the successful Clinics that have been organised by the IFA for many years.
If you know of sites or links giving Finn information, please send to the webmaster.
1. Soup to Nuts: The following link is to "Finn Sailing; Soup to Nuts", a prototype internet-based Finn skills development tool put together by Gus Miller and Jan Walker in the USA. The next iteration will follow as funds become available.
2. Finn Rebuild:
Gerrit Bearda of New Zealand describes how he has converted an old glassfibre Finn into a modern machine.
3. Old Finns in the UK: An article describing the growth of Finn Sailing in the UK and the many older types of Finn available.
4. Finn sailing Manual: originally published by the British Finn Association, here it is again. (very out of date, but still useful though)
LATEST NEWS & FEATURES
- Finn Masters looking forward to La Rochelle return
- Advertising feature: Race Area Analyzer
- Bid papers for 2015 Finn Gold Cup
- Andrew Mills snatches Hyeres victory
- Scott and Mills extend as fleet prepare for medal races
- Giles Scott strikes out on day four in Hyeres
- Postma prospers in breezy Hyeres
- Consistent Zbogar takes lead on day two in Hyeres
- Wins for Wright and Tweddell on tricky Hyeres opener
- Close win for Giles Scott in Palma
- Scott and Postma lead Finns into Palma medal races
- Giles Scott eases ahead in Palma
- Giles Scott heads Finn fleet at half way stage in Palma
- Wins for Lobert and Andrews on shifty day two in Palma
- Lobert leads Finns and after big day in Palma
- Season preview – the journey begins
- March 2013 issue of FINNFARE published
- Finn Class partners Dinghy Academy to train next Olympians
- Finn focus on Brazil - the road to Rio
- Open Russian Championship 2013