The August 2011 issue (No 138) of the International Finn Association's magazine FINNFARE summarises the hectic sailing season to date and captures many of the epic on-the-water struggles as sailors competed for places at the Olympic Test Event
It is available in print and online versions. Contents include:
Olympic Test Event - Olympic Champion Ben Ainslie dominated the windy test event in August to seal his place at the 2012 Olympic Games.
Giles Scott interview - A look at the new European champion and his thoughts going forward.
Sailing World Cup - An overciew of the final four events in the 2010-11 ISAF Sailing World Cup with reports and results from Hyeres, Medemblik, Weymouth and Kiel
Silver Cup - 37 boats contested the 2011 Finn Junior World Championship in Moscow with young Russian Akadiy Kistanov taking the title.
Masters - 282 boats travelled to Punta Ala in Italy for the biggest Finn event of all time. Michael Maier dominate on the water to take his third title. Also Fons van Gent updates on changes within the Masters as well as on future events.
Europeans - Sailed as part of the 2011 Open Europeans Helsinki multi-class event, Giles Scott won his first major title in the class.
IFA AGM and Accounts - All the details from the Annual General Meeting, with full reports from all the officers and the 2010 accounts
News - From Austria, Finland, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Sweden, and Switzerland plus lots of trivia, views and great photograpghs.
The August 2011 issue of FINNFARE was published on August 31.
The cover photo is Daniel Birgmark of Sweden sailing at Weymouth during the Olympic Test Event.
This issue can be downloaded through the classs website or viewed online here: http://issuu.com/finn-class/docs/finnfare-august2011
FINNFARE is the official publication of the International Finn Association. It was first published in 1961. Since then it has been published at various times in the USA and in Europe and for the past 14 years has been published in the UK. It is distributed to all registered members of National Finn Associations across the world and to other interested parties.
LATEST NEWS & FEATURES
- Image Gallery - Finn World Masters - with Go Pro
- Perfect score for Lidecis and Budzien after first races in La Rochelle
- Record Finn World Masters opened amid inclement weather
- Finn Masters looking forward to La Rochelle return
- Advertising feature: Race Area Analyzer
- Bid papers for 2015 Finn Gold Cup
- Andrew Mills snatches Hyeres victory
- Scott and Mills extend as fleet prepare for medal races
- Giles Scott strikes out on day four in Hyeres
- Postma prospers in breezy Hyeres
- Consistent Zbogar takes lead on day two in Hyeres
- Wins for Wright and Tweddell on tricky Hyeres opener
- Close win for Giles Scott in Palma
- Scott and Postma lead Finns into Palma medal races
- Giles Scott eases ahead in Palma
- Giles Scott heads Finn fleet at half way stage in Palma
- Wins for Lobert and Andrews on shifty day two in Palma
- Lobert leads Finns and after big day in Palma
- Season preview – the journey begins
- March 2013 issue of FINNFARE published