The championship started with nice but tricky conditions on the lake. Difference of pressure and shifts over the sailing area made it tough for the young sailors.
The first race gave the choice between the right with more pressure or the left with a more favoured angle, sailors spread over the course, some taking drastic options on each side of the frame.
The race winners came back from the left side on the third beat. Cem Gozen (TUR) was in front of the fleet for the last downwind but failed to pass through the gate before crossing the finish line. The young Turk who switched from the Laser to the Finn early this year, will face the jury later tonight. He bounced back in the second race with a fifth place. Meanwhile, it is James Hadden (GBR) who took the bullet closely followed across the line by Lennart Luttkus (GER) and Milosz Wojewski (POL).
Anders Pedersen (NOR) suffered from minor equipment failure and had to withdraw from the first race.
Vice European Champion, Dimitar Vangelov (BUL) recovered in the second race after a difficult first one. The Bulgarian lead from start to finish to take the bullet and place 8th overall in the general results. Viktor Filippov (RUS) and Lenart Luttkus took second and third in the race.
At the end of the day Lenart Luttkus (GER) is leading the regatta by four points over Viktor Filipov (RUS), Milosz Wojewski (POL).
Racing continues on Monday with two races.
Follow the regatta reports, photos and videos on the Finn class Facebook and Youtube:
Event website (results):
LATEST NEWS & FEATURES
- Kiwis rule and then Maier takes fifth Finn World Masters
- No racing on penultimate Finn Masters day
- Maier makes most of moving day at Finn Masters
- Four winners but Budzien takes narrow lead
- Image Gallery - Finn World Masters - with Go Pro
- Perfect score for Lidecis and Budzien after first races in La Rochelle
- Record Finn World Masters opened amid inclement weather
- Finn Masters looking forward to La Rochelle return
- Advertising feature: Race Area Analyzer
- Bid papers for 2015 Finn Gold Cup
- Andrew Mills snatches Hyeres victory
- Scott and Mills extend as fleet prepare for medal races
- Giles Scott strikes out on day four in Hyeres
- Postma prospers in breezy Hyeres
- Consistent Zbogar takes lead on day two in Hyeres
- Wins for Wright and Tweddell on tricky Hyeres opener
- Close win for Giles Scott in Palma
- Scott and Postma lead Finns into Palma medal races
- Giles Scott eases ahead in Palma
- Giles Scott heads Finn fleet at half way stage in Palma