Extensive photos from the Olympics
In-depth previews of all the saillors
Interviews with the favourites
Analysis and comment on each race
The Finn Class is excited to announce the publication of a new book all about the class at the 2012 Olympic Games.
Over the course of the Olympics the Finn class released a series of press releases consisting of previews, interviews, race reports and wraps, all telling the sailors stories on and off the water. These press releases have been edited and compiled to provide a seamless story of the Finn class event at the Olympics, together with many great photos from before and during the event.
The London 2012 Olympic Sailing Competition at Weymouth & Portland was a brilliant showcase for the sport of sailing. For many the Finn class provided the highlight of the regatta with Jonas Hogh-Christensen and Ben Ainslie's epic battle – culminating in Ainslie's record breaking fifth Olympic medal and fourth consecutive gold – making news across the globe.
The story in this book will go down in history as one of the defining moments of the 2012 Olympic Games and also as one of the defining moments in the history of sailing. Everyone who experienced the power, the emotion and the excitement of the moment has something to tell to future generations. Through this book you can re-live one of the most momentous sailing events of all time. It is a finntastic tale.
The book is only available through Amazon.com and the European Amazon sites (UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy). Click on the links below to go direct to the order page.
RRP is £11.99, EUR 14.99 or US$17.99
NOW ALSO AVAILABLE ON KINDLE
Technical details: 64 pages; Size: 8.5 x 8.5 inches; full colour throughout; US trade paper; softcover; perfect bound; ISBN: 9780955900136; published: 3 Dec 2012.
LATEST NEWS & FEATURES
- Record Finn World Masters opened amid inclement weather
- Finn Masters looking forward to La Rochelle return
- Advertising feature: Race Area Analyzer
- Bid papers for 2015 Finn Gold Cup
- Andrew Mills snatches Hyeres victory
- Scott and Mills extend as fleet prepare for medal races
- Giles Scott strikes out on day four in Hyeres
- Postma prospers in breezy Hyeres
- Consistent Zbogar takes lead on day two in Hyeres
- Wins for Wright and Tweddell on tricky Hyeres opener
- Close win for Giles Scott in Palma
- Scott and Postma lead Finns into Palma medal races
- Giles Scott eases ahead in Palma
- Giles Scott heads Finn fleet at half way stage in Palma
- Wins for Lobert and Andrews on shifty day two in Palma
- Lobert leads Finns and after big day in Palma
- Season preview – the journey begins
- March 2013 issue of FINNFARE published
- Finn Class partners Dinghy Academy to train next Olympians
- Finn focus on Brazil - the road to Rio