FINNatics was first published in 1999 to celebrate 50 years of the Finn class, the Olympic singlehanded dinghy that first appeared at the Olympics in 1952. The book has become a classic and is much sought after by sailors in the class and those interested in the longevity and challenge of the Finn. The book contains extensive chapters on the history of the class, the people, the sailors, the boats and how it developed over half a century. It contains chapters from past Finn sailors with their memories and chapters from the sailors of 1999 with their tuning and racing tips. It is a complete compendium of Finn information from 1949 to 1999.
With a Foreword by Paul Elvström there are also contributions from Philippe Rogge, John Bertrand, Frank Newton, Antonio Latini, Gus Miller, Pat Healy, Richard Hart, Ian Ainslie, Sebastien Godefroid, Mickey Ickert, Mateusz Kusznierewicz, Andy Zawieja and Larry Lemieux.
This edition has been republished using Amazon's print-on-demand service Createspace. It is not a new edition but just a reprint of the original using different paper and different binding. The text has been completely reset with minor errors from the first edition corrected. All photos, apart from the cover, are now in black and white. (The original book featured eight pages of colour plates.) The book is printed on US trade paper and is perfect bound.
RRP is US$ 19.95, GBP 14.95, EUR 18.95
It is only available through Amazon.
Publication Date: Jan 14 2013
Color: Black and White with Bleed
LATEST NEWS & FEATURES
- Finn Masters looking forward to La Rochelle return
- Advertising feature: Race Area Analyzer
- Bid papers for 2015 Finn Gold Cup
- Andrew Mills snatches Hyeres victory
- Scott and Mills extend as fleet prepare for medal races
- Giles Scott strikes out on day four in Hyeres
- Postma prospers in breezy Hyeres
- Consistent Zbogar takes lead on day two in Hyeres
- Wins for Wright and Tweddell on tricky Hyeres opener
- Close win for Giles Scott in Palma
- Scott and Postma lead Finns into Palma medal races
- Giles Scott eases ahead in Palma
- Giles Scott heads Finn fleet at half way stage in Palma
- Wins for Lobert and Andrews on shifty day two in Palma
- Lobert leads Finns and after big day in Palma
- Season preview – the journey begins
- March 2013 issue of FINNFARE published
- Finn Class partners Dinghy Academy to train next Olympians
- Finn focus on Brazil - the road to Rio
- Open Russian Championship 2013