If any proof is needed that Ben Ainslie (GBR) is at the top of his game, then today was proof indeed. After dominating and winning both races in the brutal environment of the cold and windy Falmouth Bay, he now takes a 10 point lead over Ed Wright (GBR) and Andrew Mills (GBR) at the half way stage of the J.P. Morgan Asset Management Finn Gold Cup.
Major Championships 2012
Awesome is an overused word, but today it doesn't really come close to adequately describe the performance of Ben Ainslie (GBR) on day five of the J.P. Morgan Asset Management Finn Gold Cup in Falmouth. In the toughest, roughest conditions that much of the fleet have sailed in for many years he took three race wins and is now within a whisker of his sixth Finn World title. Ed Wright (GBR) remains in second while Jonas Høgh-Christensen (DEN) moves up to third.
It was a great day for the British sailors on the second day for the J.P. Morgan Asset Management Finn Gold Cup in Falmouth. Ben Ainslie (GBR) won the opening race to take the overall lead while Ed Wright (GBR) dropped to second and Andrew Mills (GBR) had another good day to move up to third. The second race of the day was won by Chris Cook (CAN).
The opening day of the J.P. Morgan Asset Management Finn Gold Cup in Falmouth, UK produced a mixed bag of results for many sailors with a shifty offshore breeze. After two races Ed Wright (GBR) leads Ben Ainslie (GBR) and Deniss Karpak (EST), while many sailors picked up high scores in the tricky conditions.
- Fantastic maritime setting for the opening of the JP Morgan Asset Management Finn Gold Cup
- Falmouth welcomes the world Finn elite to JP Morgan Asset Management Finn Gold Cup
- Giles Scott wins JP Morgan Asset Management UK Finn Nationals
- Postma wins the day but Scott still leads at Falmouth Finn Nationals
Page 4 of 7
LATEST NEWS & FEATURES
- Record Finn World Masters opened amid inclement weather
- Finn Masters looking forward to La Rochelle return
- Advertising feature: Race Area Analyzer
- Bid papers for 2015 Finn Gold Cup
- Andrew Mills snatches Hyeres victory
- Scott and Mills extend as fleet prepare for medal races
- Giles Scott strikes out on day four in Hyeres
- Postma prospers in breezy Hyeres
- Consistent Zbogar takes lead on day two in Hyeres
- Wins for Wright and Tweddell on tricky Hyeres opener
- Close win for Giles Scott in Palma
- Scott and Postma lead Finns into Palma medal races
- Giles Scott eases ahead in Palma
- Giles Scott heads Finn fleet at half way stage in Palma
- Wins for Lobert and Andrews on shifty day two in Palma
- Lobert leads Finns and after big day in Palma
- Season preview – the journey begins
- March 2013 issue of FINNFARE published
- Finn Class partners Dinghy Academy to train next Olympians
- Finn focus on Brazil - the road to Rio